A 12-year-old girl was tased and two women were arrested during an incident at South County Mall on Wednesday, July 25, police report.
Charlene Bratton, of North County, had outstanding warrants on traffic violations and an officer recognized her in Victoria's Secret while patrolling through the mall.
Bratton was accompanied by her 12-year-old daughter, Dejamon Baker, and another woman. When the officer tried to make the arrest, Dejamon and the other woman interfered. After numerous warnings to stop and back away, the officer tased Dejamon.
"I was just crying. I guess he got mad because I was crying or something, then he just took it out and just tased me," said Dejamon during a KSDK interview.
When asked why the police officer had to tase Dejamon, police said the she was making a scene and interfering with the arrest.
In the KSDK interview, Bratton and her daughter said they weren't getting involved in the arrest.
Rick Eckhard, a spokesperson for St. Louis County Police Department, said the family could report the incident to internal affairs, but as of Thursday, no such report has been made.
Dejamon was charged with interference and taken into custody at St. Louis Family Courts, police report.
Eckhard said the courts had a discrepancy in the age of Dejamon, first saying she was 15.
See More on Patch
- Man Shooting at Ex-Wife, Sexual Assault Are Among Top Police Stories in Mehlville, Oakville
- ID Theft Cases Tied To Schnucks: Should You Be Concerned?
- Man Asks Girls for Sex After Giving Them Ride From Mall, Police Say
- Oakville Man Tased for Resisting Arrest
- Police Assault, DWI Arrest Are Among Top Police Stories in Mehlville, Oakville