Arnold detectives are investigating a body that was found inside a burnt-out vehicle on Hollywood Beach Road near the Meramec River just south of Oakville.
Police received a call about the incident from a person walking in the area around 1 p.m. Sunday, said Det. Robert Ruckman, of the Arnold Police Department. The victim was burned beyond recognition.
"It will take at least a couple of weeks before we get the DNA results back from the medical examiner to make a positive ID," he said.
Ruckman said he could provide no further details because the case is an ongoing investigation.
See More on Patch
- Man Almost Crashed Into Police Car While Fleeing, Police Say
- News Nearby: Arnold Police Seeking Leads in 20-Year-Old Murder Case
- Flooding Closes Roads, Parks in the South County Area
- Man Shooting at Ex-Wife, Sexual Assault Are Among Top Police Stories in Mehlville, Oakville
- Man Sexually Assaulted Woman After She Passed Out at His Home, Police Say
Most Popular articles
- Plan Change Helps Lemay Resident Catch Acquaintance Burglarizing His Home, Police Say
- Watch How This Woman Reacts to Winning $1 Million
- Stolen Library Card Used to Pilfer Items From South County Libraries
- Mehlville Grad, Oakville Resident to Ref Chelsea- Manchester City Match
- Officers Found Mehlville Man Driving Stolen Car, Police Say