Crime Report: Three Assaults in South County
The St. Louis County Police crime report from August 27 to Sept. 2 includes incidents occurring in Mehlville, Oakville and Lemay.
The following information was supplied by the St. Louis County Police Department.
Please contact the South County Precinct with information regarding crimes.
- Police arrested suspects at Wachtel and Horn avenues for robbery in the second degree. The victim was walking south on Wachtel from Horn when a red Mustang sped north past him and then quickly turned around. The vehicle stopped and the front seat passenger suspect asked the victim how much money he had. The victim didn't have money or a wallet. The suspect punched the victim and took his cell phone, fleeing south on Wachtel. Police located the vehicle on the 700 block of Bayless Avenue and arrested all suspects.
- Credit cards and money were reported stolen and then recovered on the 4300 block of Opal Court.
- A silver, 2001 Oldsmobile Alero was reported stolen from the 800 block of Lemay Ferry Road.
- A victim was choked and threatened with a knife on the 4300 block of Via Veneto Drive.
- Police arrested a suspect for assault in the second degree. The suspect displayed a knife on the 300 block of Kingston Drive.
- A red, 2008 Ducati motorcycle was reported stolen from the 3200 block of Union Road.
- A wallet with credit card and ID was reported stolen from the 5400 block of Meramec Bottom Road.
Unknown suspects broke a window to get into the Wireless Vision/T-Mobile store on Lindbergh Boulevard around midnight. They attempted to take a Samsung Galaxy SII located on the display shelf near the window, but were unable to take the phone due to security devices.
- Electronics were reported stolen from the 3900 block of Lemay Ferry Road.
- Rugs were reported stolen from the 4200 block of Forest De Ville Drive.
- A victim was robbed at knifepoint at Schnuck's, 5577 Oakville Shopping Center.
- A blue, 2002 Chrysler Voyager van was reported stolen from the 700 block of Regina Avenue.
Police arrested a home burglar on the 3600 block of Vescovo Drive.