Goddard School Shows Teacher Appreciation
The school marks Teacher Appreciation Week May 2-6.
Each year, we take one week to thank the teachers in our children’s lives. May 2-6, 2011 is the official “Teacher Appreciation Week” across the country.
Whether your child is 2 years old or 18 years old, we encourage everyone to take a few minutes to say thank you to your teachers. Teachers will be some of the most influential people and mentors in your child’s life, but it is so easy to take them for granted. A quick thank you note or email won’t take a long time to put together, but receiving such notes are so meaningful to the teachers in your lives.
If you are looking to provide your child’s teacher with a little more than a note, there are wonderful places in the Oakville area to find the perfect token or gift card.
- Make a flower pot, picture frame, or platter with your child at Glazed and Confused.
- Purchase a nice plant, flower, or gift card at For the Garden.
- Dinner certificates from Bill Gianino’s, Las Fuentas or the Oakville Sports Pub are always terrific ideas.
- Grab a nice bottle of wine, or a certificate for wine tasting at Bottle Cellars.
- Give your teachers a day of relaxation from Glow Salon, Illusions Color Spa, Massage Envy or Star Nails.
- Gift cards to local lunch restaurants like Jimmy John’s, St. Louis Bread Company or Smugala’s Pizzeria are also nice to receive.
- If your teacher is just starting his or her career, get he or she a gift certificate for the Reading Habitat to bolster his or her resource library.
- With the price of gas going up, purchase your teacher a gift card for U-Gas.
Teacher Appreciation Week is a way for students to celebrate their teachers, to learn about teaching as a profession, and remind our teachers what they do for us each and every day.