Good Morning Mehlville: New Missouri Parks iPhone App
Here's what's going on in the area today!
Good morning, Mehlville!
Welcome to our new column that will help you get through the weekday. Every Monday through Friday at 6 a.m., we'll tell you everything ranging from gas prices and traffic alerts to events around town and stories we're working on. Lastly, we'll sign off with something fun to kickstart your morning.
So before you go to work, wake up the kids or finish your cup of coffee, check out "Good Morning Mehlville." Have a suggestion to make Patch more helpful? Leave a comment or drop me an email at email@example.com.
- Weather: The heat continues and increases as today's high will reach 101 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. The heat index will climb to 112 and there is an excessive heat warning for the area until Friday evening.
- Gas: The lowest in the area is $3.45 at the Mobil station on Lemay Ferry and Buckley Road. Just about everyone else is at $3.47, including Phillips 66 and Sam's Club, according to stlouisgasprices.com.
- If you missed it yesterday, there's been a man in the area posing as a survey administrator for the Mehlville School District. He's really just trying to sell books, but beware in case he comes knocking.
- Did you know? You can find information about all Missouri Parks through their new iPhone app. The Pocket Ranger™ Mobile Tour Guide features information about Missouri parks, historic sites and trails. Download from the iTunes store or StateParkApps.com. An Android app is also coming soon.
- Pick-up Line of the Day (courtesy of ajokeaday.com):
Boy: Are you tired?
Boy: Because you've been running through my mind all day.