The trial for Oundre Akins, accused of two counts of first degree murder in the South County Steak 'n Shake shootings in 2008, began this morning at 9 a.m..
Akins brother, Anthony Akins, already confessed to second degree murder of two Steak 'n Shake employees in June, 2011. He got the reduced charge in exchange for cooperation in the death penalty case against his brother.
The Steak 'n Shake where the murders took place is at 5828 Lindbergh Boulevard.
Follow our updates live from the courthouse and on Twitter.
See More on Patch
- Second Brother Sentenced to 6 Life Sentences in Steak ‘n Shake Murders
- Steak 'n Shake Killer Gets More Than 120 Years in Prison
- Oundre Akins is Found Guilty on All Six Counts in 2008 Steak 'n Shake Murder Case
- Judge Expected to Give Verdict on Steak 'n Shake Murders Today
- Trial Begins Today For 2nd Steak 'n Shake Murder Suspect
Most Popular articles
- Army of Neighbors Turned Back Walmart, Organizer Says
- Mehlville Man Sexually Assaulted 9-Year-Old Girl, Police Say
- With Home Values Down, Property Taxes Could Jump in Mehlville School District
- Alex Fees Joins the Mehlville School District
- Veterans Group Hoping for Jefferson Barracks Cemetery Expansion