Patch sent all local candidates for office identical questionnaires in order to compile candidate profiles prior to the April election. Each candidate who returned the survey will be featured on the site.
Lori E. Trakas, 45
- Address: 3900 Butler Hill Road
- Occupation: Certified Court Reporter
- Education: Certified Court Reporting Program — Meramec Community College - 1986-1989; Oakville Senior High School - 1985
- Family: Ernest G. Trakas, spouse; Allyson Trakas, daughter by marriage; Clayton School District, Ladue School District, Westminster Christian Academy
- Years Lived in Mehlville School District: 45
- Background: Trakas is a lifelong resident of South County. She attended Blades Elementary School, Oakville Middle School and Oakville Senior High. She has a 24-year career as a Certified Court Reporter serving counties throughout Missouri. She is a business owner, a member of Bible Study Fellowship since 1994 and a member of Urban Outreach Ministries since 1998.
What do you see as the biggest issue facing the Mehlville School District?
Our community should be fully confident our children are in a safe and secure learning environment while in the care are custody of our District.
In what area does Mehlville School District need to improve? Are you satisfied with the way the district has been operating?
At least 40-45% of District students are less than proficient in Total Academic Achievement. This is less than satisfactory.
In what areas do you intend to participate in the district outside of school board meetings?
Regularly visiting schools through their parent club meetings, assemblies, walking their halls to assess the needs of each individual school, including being a fan at their extracurricular activities.
Mehlville School District has a Comprehensive Review Committee that is studying, among other things, merit pay for teachers. What is your position on merit pay?
I support Merit Pay.
Assume you win election. What single thing do you want to accomplish during your first term on the board.
Bringing transparency to the District resulting in a stronger community relationship.