Mehlville High School's Shirley Rauh fixed a spinach pesto for two Fox2 newscasters on Saturday.
The district received a $5,000 grant for each high school to install kitchen equipment for ProStart, a culinary career-building program created by the National Restaurant Association.
About 90 students are in the program and will learn about the culinary industry.
They'll also have a chance to earn sanitation certification required for all restaurant managers. Achieving this certification in high school will put them ahead in finding a job and culinary school, Rauh said.
Most Popular articles
- Army of Neighbors Turned Back Walmart, Organizer Says
- Mehlville Man Sexually Assaulted 9-Year-Old Girl, Police Say
- With Home Values Down, Property Taxes Could Jump in Mehlville School District
- Alex Fees Joins the Mehlville School District
- Veterans Group Hoping for Jefferson Barracks Cemetery Expansion