Democrat Bob Burns defeated Republican Tony Leech in the polls for the Missouri House of Representatives' 93rd district seat, which represents Lemay and parts of Affton.
Burns won over Leech with 63.5 percent of the vote.
Burns was a major player in the effort to dissolve the tiny south St. Louis County municipality of St. George. He has served on the Affton School Board, worked as a staffer for Claire McCaskill and previously ran for the state House in the 2000s, losing narrowly to then-state Rep. Jim Lembke (R-Lemay).
- Read a Letter to the Editor endorsing Bob Burns.
- Letter to the Editor: Voter Endorses Bob Burns for Missouri House
Tony Leech is a retired telecommunications businessman and a decorated United States Navy veteran.
See More on Patch
- Election Results: Ryan Wins Mehlville Fire Board Race
- Who's Donating to the Klund, Ryan Campaigns for Mehlville Fire Board?
- Election 2013: What's on the Ballot in Mehlville, Oakville?
- Registration Deadline Approaching for Voters in Mehlville Oakville
- Michael Klund Stays on Ballot for Mehlville Fire District Election
Most Popular articles
- State Rep Pledges to Stop Oakville Senior Housing Project
- Plan Change Helps Lemay Resident Catch Acquaintance Burglarizing His Home, Police Say
- Watch How This Woman Reacts to Winning $1 Million
- Mehlville Grad, Oakville Resident to Ref Chelsea- Manchester City Match
- Stolen Library Card Used to Pilfer Items From South County Libraries