Democrat, Scott Sifton represents the 96th District in the Missouri House of Representatives, which includes Lemay, and parts of south St. Louis County, He was elected to his first two-year term in November 2010.
Republican Jim Lembke is the incumbent running in the 1st District of the Missouri Senate. He was elected to the senate in 2008, and served in the Missouri House of Representatives from 2002 to 2008.
The 1st District Senate map includes parts of Democratic-leaning Maplewood, Rock Hill and Webster Groves, as well as the Republican-leaning south St. Louis County areas of Affton, Mehville and Oakville.
Endorsing Sifton, from his campaign website:
- National Education Association
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees
- Service Employees International Union
- Communication Workers of America Local 6355
- United Auto Workers
- Missouri State Teachers Association
- Planned Parenthood
- NARAL Sierra Club
- St. Louis Post Dispatch
Endorsing Lembke, from votesmart.org:
- Missouri AFL-CIO
- Missouri Right to Life
- National Rifle Association
- National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund
For more, check out our Maplewood-Brentwood Voters' Guide.
See More on Patch
- Who's Donating to the Klund, Ryan Campaigns for Mehlville Fire Board?
- Learn About Mehlville Fire Board Candidates Klund, Ryan
- Larry Felton for Mehlville Board of Education
- Registration Deadline Approaching for Voters in Mehlville Oakville
- Michael Klund Stays on Ballot for Mehlville Fire District Election
Most Popular articles
- Plan Change Helps Lemay Resident Catch Acquaintance Burglarizing His Home, Police Say
- State Rep Pledges to Stop Oakville Senior Housing Project
- Watch How This Woman Reacts to Winning $1 Million
- Mehlville Grad, Oakville Resident to Ref Chelsea- Manchester City Match
- Stolen Library Card Used to Pilfer Items From South County Libraries