"The Impossible is one of the most emotionally realistic disaster movies in recent memory -- and certainly one of the most frightening in its epic re-creation of the catastrophic 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami." The Hollywood Reporter. Full Review.
"Put a staggering accomplishment called The Impossible, from Spanish director J. A. Bayona, at the top of the season's must-see list." Rex Reed of New York Observer. Full Review.
"Here is a searing film of human tragedy." Roger Ebert from of Chicago Sun-Times. Full Review.
- - - - -
- Run Time: 165min.
- Starring: Jamie Foxx , Leonardo DiCaprio ,Christoph Waltz , Samuel L. Jackson , Gerald McRaney
- Director(s): Quentin Tarantino
"A sharp shock of a film in an Awards season very full of movies so noble they become immobile. It's wildly unlikely to get much love from the Academy, and that's fine-bluntly, it's too good for them. With its bloody stew of history and hysteria, action taken from movies and atrocities taken from fact, Django isn't just a movie only America could make-it's also a movie only America needs to." Boxoffice Magazine. Full Review.
"Exactly what you might expect from the fearless, controversial director of "Pulp Fiction" - it's overlong, raunchy, shocking, grim, exaggerated, self-indulgently over-the-top and so politically incorrect it demands a new definition of the term. It is also bold, original, mesmerizing, stylish and one hell of a piece of entertainment." Rex Reed of New York Observer. Full Review.
"Django Unchained also has the pure, almost meaningless excitement which I found sorely lacking in Tarantino's previous film, Inglourious Basterds, with its misfiring spaghetti-Nazi trope and boring plot. I can only say Django delivers, wholesale, that particular narcotic and delirious pleasure that Tarantino still knows how to confect in the cinema, something to do with the manipulation of surfaces. It's as unwholesome, deplorable and delicious as a forbidden cigarette." Peter Bradshaw of The Guardian. Full Review.
Do you plan on seeing this movie? Have you seen it already? Leave a review of the film with a comment below.
- - - - -
- Run Time: 157min.
- Starring: Hugh Jackman , Russell Crowe , Anne Hathaway , Helena Bonham Carter , Sacha Baron Cohen
- Director(s): Tom Hooper
"Stirring and striking, Hooper's epic musical won't be wanting for awards and plaudits. Danny Cohen's cinematography is stunning and Hathaway's Oscar is guaranteed." Neil Smith of Total Film. Full Review.
"Russell Crowe's pained vocal stylings (they sound more like barks) as relentless Inspector Javert can be forgiven after hearing Hugh Jackman's old-pro fluidity in the central role of Jean Valjean, hiding a criminal past." Joshua Rothkopf of Time Out New York. Full Review.
"Fortunately, this sprawling epic is well-anchored. There cannot be a better big-screen showman than Jackman." Elizabeth Weitzman of New York Daily News. Full Review.
Editor's Note: All reviews and information aggregated from Moviefone.
See More on Patch
- Showtimes and Movie Reviews for Star Trek: Into Darkness, At Any Price, In The House, The Iceman, Kon-Tiki
- Movie Reviews: Oblivion, Home Run, Lords of Salem, To The Wonder
- Find Showtimes and Movie Reviews in Mehlville, Oakville
- Movie Reviews: Jurassic Park 3-D Gets 4 Stars
- Movie Reviews: The Waiting Room and The Incredible Burt Wonderstone
Most Popular articles
- Officers Found Mehlville Man Driving Stolen Car, Police Say
- Second $1 Million Powerball Ticket Sold in Mehlville Area
- Veterans Group Hoping for Jefferson Barracks Cemetery Expansion
- Hazardous Household Waste Center Now Available to South County Residents
- $1 Million Powerball Ticket Sold at Oakville Liquor Store