A man faces a criminal charge after a St. Louis County police officer spotted him pulling into a South County Center parking lot in a stolen car, according to a police report.
A St. Louis County police officer spotted a 2005 Chevrolet Aveo pull into a parking spot at the mall and three men get out. A license plate check revealed the car had been reported stolen in the city of St. Louis.
Kendrick Moore, 19, of the 5300 block of Helen Avenue in Jennings, was charged Jan. 9 with first-degree tampering with a vehicle.
The officer said Moore was driving the vehicle.
Moore told the officer, “I didn’t drive here in no stolen car” before the officer mentioned the car had been reported stolen, according to the police report.
The officer also said the two passengers said they knew the car was stolen and were discussing that topic on the drive to the mall.
Moore was released from the St. Louis City Justice Center Jan. 14.
- Man Assaults Mother, Takes Car, Crashes into Seven Holy Founders Building
- Four Cars Stolen in Mehlville, Oakville and Lemay
- South County Woman Indicted on Charge of Murdering Her Grandmother
See More on Patch
- Officers Found Mehlville Man Driving Stolen Car, Police Say
- Man Almost Crashed Into Police Car While Fleeing, Police Say
- Child Molestation, Drive-By Robbery Are Among Top Police Stories in Mehlville, Oakville
- Man Asks Girls for Sex After Giving Them Ride From Mall, Police Say
- Police Assault, DWI Arrest Are Among Top Police Stories in Mehlville, Oakville