Police: Man Arrested in Mehlville Telescope Theft
He is suspected of entering an attached garage on Claypool Drive to commit the crime, officials said.
A man has been arrested in connection with the theft of a telescope on Claypool Drive, the South County Precinct of the St. Louis County Police Department reported.
Dale L. Gatewood, 50, was arrested Sept. 28. He faces one count each of first-degree burglary and theft of property valued at less than $500, the website Missouri Case.net states.
Police said he entered an attached garage in the the 600 block of Claypool Drive and stole the device.
Bond was set at $50,000. A preliminary hearing for Gatewood is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Nov. 1 in Division 38 of St. Louis County Circuit Court before Judge Lawrence J. Permuter.
The telescope was returned to its owner.
More recent crime articles on Patch:
- Man Has Girlfriend's Sister's Car Towed, Charged With Stealing
- Police: Burglar in Affton Spotted by Neighbor, Caught with Socks on Hands
- Top 9 Crime Stories: Affton-Shrewsbury in September 2012
- Affton Police Blotter: Stolen Pickup Truck, Weapon Threat and More
- Prosecutor: Christopher Marks' Death Caused by Stepfather's 'Criminal Conduct'