A man accused of pointing a gun victim’s head and pulling the trigger faces criminal charges. The gun misfired and no one was injured in the May 28 robbery attempt at Mattress Giant, 6917 South Lindbergh Blvd.
Darrell Bolden Jr, 37, of the 10100 block of Douglas Court in St. Ann, was charged with first-degree attempted robbery, first-degree assault and two counts of armed criminal action.
St. Louis County police said Bolden was wearing a ski mask when he went into Mattress Giant and pointed a handgun at the head of an employee talking on the telephone and demanded he hang up the phone.
The employee hung up the phone and pushed the gun away from his head, according to the police report. The two struggled and Bolden forced the gun toward the victim’s head and pulled the trigger, but the gun misfired, according to police.
The defendant ran away, but the ski mask was pulled off his head. Police took DNA from the ski mask and matched it to Bolden, according to the report.
Bolden is being held in St. Louis County jail in lieu of a $150,000, cash-only bond.
For more crime stories on Mehlville-Oakville Patch, see the following articles:
See More on Patch
- Police: Victim Injured During Armed Robbery in South County
- Child Molestation, Drive-By Robbery Are Among Top Police Stories in Mehlville, Oakville
- Man Charged in "Drive-By" Robbery in Lemay
- Steak 'n Shake Trial Closes With Arguments on Decisions, Crime Scene and Confessions
- Assault, Property Damage Charges Land Man on St. Louis Most Wanted List