The Oakville teen whose six-day runaway from home was shared by thousands of concerned people on Facebook has reunited with her family.
Alexis Diani, 15, was at a friend’s home in the Butler Hill subdivision when a parent saw her and tipped of Alexis’ family, said Alexis’ stepfather Ricky Fredrick. The family called police, who helped Alexis and her family come back together.
Alexis disappeared Feb. 6 at Oakville High School. Her mother, Cassie Richard, posted on Facebook for friends to look for her daughter, and thousands of people shared her photo and description.
Fredrick said they’d been out all day searching for Alexis when they heard she’d been found.
Alexis also ran away in January, family said, but she was quickly found.
See below for the previous version of this Patch story, as of 7:45 p.m. 2/11/13.
Alexis Diani—the 15-year-old daughter of Cassie Richard—has been missing since Feb. 6, when she was last seen at Oakville High School.
The St. Louis County Police South County Precinct said Alexis is still missing since Feb. 6. Alexis is a white female, 5'2", 120 pounds, police said. She has brown hair and eyes.
Ricky Fredrick, Richard's fiance, said the family is sure Alexis is safe but is searching for her after she ran away.
"We'll find her," Fredrick said. "She wasn't taken or anything like that. She's just a 15 year old teenager who thinks she can rule the world."
Thousands of people on Facebook shared information about Alexis going missing after her mother, Cassie Richard, posted a photo and details.
Alexis was also reported missing in January, police said, but she was returned to her family and the incident is not considered suspicious.
See More on Patch
- Child Molestation, Drive-By Robbery Are Among Top Police Stories in Mehlville, Oakville
- Man Leaving Jail Sends Text Saying He'd Kill His Fiancé
- Man Shooting at Ex-Wife, Sexual Assault Are Among Top Police Stories in Mehlville, Oakville
- Oakville Man Tased for Resisting Arrest
- Police Assault, DWI Arrest Are Among Top Police Stories in Mehlville, Oakville
Most Popular articles
- Officers Found Mehlville Man Driving Stolen Car, Police Say
- Second $1 Million Powerball Ticket Sold in Mehlville Area
- Veterans Group Hoping for Jefferson Barracks Cemetery Expansion
- Notre Dame Scholar-Athlete Hopes to Follow in Grandfather's Footsteps
- Hazardous Household Waste Center Now Available to South County Residents