Resources and Help Lines for the "Perfect Storm"
Here are numbers and resources in case Mehlville faces a snow and ice emergency.
With snow and ice advancing on Missouri, the area could find itself in a bind.
Monday afternoon Gov. Jay Nixon called out 600 National Guard troops in advance of the winter storm, which he said, "is predicted to cause treacherous road conditions and possibly widespread power outages.”
Here is a list of important contacts and places you can turn to in case of emergency:
- Dial 211. This is a central telephone resource operated by United Way. Operators can direct you to warming centers, local shelters and disaster information.
- Tune into radio, television, or NOAA Weather Radio for weather reports and emergency information.
- The state government Web site offers a Winter Weather Guide with important safety advice and links to the MoDOT Traveler Information Map and storm alert information.
- If you must hit the highways, dial the Missouri State Highway Patrol’s emergency line – *55 from a cellular phone – if you encounter an accident or need help.
- Contact the South County Police and the Mehlville Fire Protection District for emergency help, or dial 911.
These organizations are working with government and community agencies to provide emergency help and support:
- American Red Cross: (314) 516-2753
- The Salvation Army (314) 646-3000
- AmeriCorps (314) 772-9002
- Governor’s Faith-Based and Community Service Partnership for Disaster Recovery