A South County man faces criminal charges after police said he’d been stealing jewelry from his next-door neighbor for six weeks.
Heinrich K. Mueller, of the first block of Sappington Acres Drive in the unincorporated Sappington area, was charged Saturday with first-degree burglary and felony stealing.
St. Louis County Police said the neighbor saw him going through a jewelry box in his bedroom at about 1:53 p.m. Friday. The neighbor then looked through the jewelry box and realized several pieces of jewelry were missing.
Police said Mueller had been taking jewelry since Aug. 1, including a wedding ring set, necklaces, bracelets and several rings.
Mueller is being held in St. Louis County jail in lieu of a $25,000 bond.
For more crime information in Mehlville-Oakville Patch, see the following articles:
- Police: Man Pointed Gun at Victim, Pulled Trigger in Mattress Giant Robbery
Teen Charged with Church, Day Care Break-ins
- Police Arrest Would-Be Burglars in Oakville
See More on Patch
- Man Almost Crashed Into Police Car While Fleeing, Police Say
- Man Kicks in Door, Trashes Mehlville House With Woman Home, Police Say
- South County Woman Breaks Glass Pitcher Over Boyfriend's Head, Police Say
- Tip Leads Police to $200,000 Jewelry Cache and Diamond Theft Suspects
- Man Chopped Through Oakville Business' Roof to Burglarize It, Police Say
Most Popular articles
- Officers Found Mehlville Man Driving Stolen Car, Police Say
- Veterans Group Hoping for Jefferson Barracks Cemetery Expansion
- Second $1 Million Powerball Ticket Sold in Mehlville Area
- $1 Million Powerball Ticket Sold at Oakville Liquor Store
- Hazardous Household Waste Center Now Available to South County Residents