A castle in South County is causing a stir among neighbors.
Owners of houses in the 2300 block of Telegraph approached KMOV asking how a castle compete with gargoyles and spires could get zoning approval in a neighborhood full of "modest ranch homes," according to KMOV.
"According to St. Louis County Public Works officials, the home meets all zoning conditions and has all the proper permits," according to KMOV. "The county official pointed out that zoning codes don’t cover aesthetics. So, if the owner wants to build a castle and gets the proper permits, he or she can build a castle."
The house has been under construction for several years.
Punching Kitty, a St. Louis gossip blog, dubbed the house "Methingham Palace."
"Kinda weird, but solid idea going with the grey exterior," wrote the site's editor, Mike Flynn. "Going with white would have been a nightmare with all the drunks trying to find your drive-through window at all hours of the night."
Most Popular articles
- Army of Neighbors Turned Back Walmart, Organizer Says
- Mehlville Man Sexually Assaulted 9-Year-Old Girl, Police Say
- With Home Values Down, Property Taxes Could Jump in Mehlville School District
- Alex Fees Joins the Mehlville School District
- Veterans Group Hoping for Jefferson Barracks Cemetery Expansion