Last year's winner Christopher Lee, a Mehlville area chef River City Event Center is returning.
The final chef spot will be won in a breakfast food competition on Fox 2 a week before Taste of St. Louis.
The free, three-day event starts September 27 at Soliders' Memorial, located at 12th & Market downtown.
Taste of St. Louis' executive chef Vito Racanelli of Mad Tomato, located at 8000 Carondelet in Clayton, will host the event.
There are seven battle categories, according to Taste of St. Louis' website. Each chef must make their best
dish in 45 minutes in front of a live audience at Taste of St. Louis.
The chef list includes:
- Christopher Lee, River City Event Center (777 River City Casino Boulevard, 888-578-7289)
- Patrick Connolly, Basso (7036 Clayton Avenue, 314-932-7818)
- Eric Brenner, Alumni (200 North 13th Street, 314-241-5888)
- Elizabeth Schuster, Tenacious Eats (314-605-3684)
- Wil Pelly, Sanctuaria (4198 Manchester Avenue, 314-535-9700)
- Jon Lowe, Oceano Bistro (44 North Brentwood Boulevard, Clayton, 314-721-9400)
- Tony Marchetto, Prasino (1520 South 5th Street, St. Charles, 636-277-0202)