Serious shoppers know Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is the day for bargains. Retailers are opening earlier than ever this year with sales to entice holiday shoppers.
Walmart has set the bar at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day for 2012 sales to start. Will other stores follow?
Area mall doors will open at various times, though some of their stores may or may not be open then.
- The St. Louis Galleria will open at 6 a.m. on Black Friday morning.
- The West County Center will open at 5 a.m. with select stores opening at midnight.
- Plaza Frontenac opens at 9 a.m. with select stores opening at 8 a.m.
- South County Center opens at midnight for select stores.
Many sales haven't been announced yet. Target offers a signup to receive text messages of sales, and previews a 40-inch Toshiba TV, a Samsung laptop computer, a Playstation 3 and other sale items on its website.
Want to get the most from your shopping? About.com offers nine tips to get the most out of your Black Friday.
- Check Out the Ads
- Do Your Research Before Friday
- Compare Prices
- Look for Early Bird Shopper Discounts
- Beat the Crowds with Night Owl Discounts on Thanksgiving
- Bring the Ads
- Know the Store Policies
- Ask for Gift Receipts
- Saying "Charge It" Can Pay Off