Good morning, Mehlville!
Welcome to our new column that will help you get through the weekday. Every Monday through Friday at 6 a.m., we'll tell you everything ranging from gas prices and traffic alerts to events around town and stories we're working on. Lastly, we'll sign off with something fun to kickstart your morning.
So before you go to work, wake up the kids or finish your cup of coffee, check out "Good Morning Mehlville." Have a suggestion to make Patch more helpful? Leave a comment or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Weather: Today, we'll see a 40 percent chance of rain and storms and a high of 87 degrees, according to the National Weather Service.
- Gas: The Lindbergh and Union Phillips 66 and Sam's Club are the lowest at $3.39, and everyone else in the area is at $3.47 and $3.49, according to stlouisgasprices.com.
- This weekend, enjoy some of these activities:
- : Enjoy El Monstero, a Pink Floyd tribute band at Veterans' Memorial Amphitheater. The music starts at 4 p.m. with several opening acts. Tickets are $25, $50 or $80.
- : From 6 until 11 p.m., bring your poles for some old-fashioned fishing at Suson Park.
- : Now in its 24th year, cheer on your favorite athlete as they swim for a quarter-mile, bike ride for 11 miles and run for three miles.
- Did you know? A restaurant tip is an acronym for "to insure promptness," according to didyouknow.org.