Patch columnist Suzanne Corbett was named the Missouri Professional Communicator of the Year. This is the second year in a row Corbett has earned the honor.
The designation is earned by accumulating the most points in an annual communications contest, according to a press release.
The Missouri Professional Communicators, an affiliate of the National Federation of Press Women, announced the contest award winners April 6, in St. Louis.
Corbett, a freelance food/wine, travel and feature writer, won six first place and three second place awards in the following categories:
First Place Awards
- Feature/Magazine - West News Magazine: Defining Winning Barbecue
- Personality Profile - West News Magazine: Missouri Circus Man Brings New Adventure to Big Top)
- Column/Informational - Fenton-High Ridge Patch - Dining In-Dining Out (Locavores & Irish Eyes Smiling)
- Feature (Online Travel) NewsMagazinenetwork.com – From Hams to Jams State Fair Celebrates Competitive Spirit
- Specialty Review Articles: Midwest Living - Lonzerotti’s and Pi On the Spot
- PR Materials/Direst Mail Marketing: Campbell House Museum - Feasting with the Campbells
Second Place Awards
- Specialty Travel Articles: AAA Southern Traveler - Good Stewards and AAA Journey Off the Beaten Path
- Specialty Food Articles: NewsMagazine Network - Consuming Passion: Romantic Foods and Fenton High Ridge Patch - Yuletide Cup of Cheer
- Specialty Business Articles: West News Magazine: Lazy River and St Alban’s
All first place entries are forwarded to the National Federation of Press Women to compete at its national communications contest.