If you're like me, you spend the week before Thankgiving scrolling through recipes, looking for tips and tricks on cooking this once-a-year meal. (My sweet potatoes will never be the same after learning this Patcher's famous recipe!)
As a Patch reader, you're connected to a network of local news junkies just like you looking for the same thing. So this year, we thought we'd find a way to help each other!
We're putting out the call: Share your recipes with us!
Post your recipe for your favorite side dish, drink, dessert or family tradition as an announcement on Patch, and let us share it with neighborhoods around St. Louis! You'll be giving other families recipes they can trust while finding new inspirations for your own Thanksgiving table.
(If you decide to post, you'll need to sign up for an account first, which is as easy as signing up with an email address and password. We won't sell or give your email to anyone, promise. Plus, you can sign up for one of our morning newsletters!)
Here's what to do:
- See the blue navigation bar at the top of the page, underneath your Patch's name? Hover over the blue "News" tab until a drop-menu comes down and click on the word "Announcements."
- Here, you'll see all the stories readers like you post to Patch. To post your family recipe, click the "Add an Announcement" button on the right.
- Choose a title for your recipe and choose "Holiday Guide" in the category menu. Then, enter your recipe in to the description field. Be sure to include a list of ingredients, step-by-step instructions and tips for customizing.
- Hit the "Post my Announcement" button, and watch as your post goes live instantly!
- Email your Patch editor, who can share your recipe with readers, cross-post it to multiple sites and share it in holiday guides.
- Post your recipe to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and any other sites where you and your friends hang out.
Tip: Add a photo of the dish, ingredients or just of yourself to your announcement.
If you have any problems or questions while posting, email Lindsay.Toler@patch.com or call 314-452-2641.