The Kirkwood Police blotter for Dec. 31 through Jan. 6. The following information was provided by the Kirkwood Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
Monday Dec. 31
- At 3:03 p.m., officers were summoned to investigate a motor vehicle accident in the 400 block of North Clay. A routine record check on both drivers revealed one of the adult drivers was wanted through the State of Illinois for aggravated DUI. That driver was arrested, transferred to the St Louis County Jail, and held for extradition.
Tuesday, Jan. 1
- At 10:49 a.m., a resident in the 1200 block of Ruth awoke to find a large caliber bullet lying on a bedroom floor. The projectile was found to have entered through a window and broke the window and damaged a window blind. Luckily no one was injured.
Wednesday, Jan. 2
- At 12:01 p.m., a resident from the 400 block of South Holmes reported identity theft to police. The victim moved to her new address in Kirkwood and when she attempted to open a Laclede Gas account she was told of an existing balance of $500.00 owed in her name from a Ferguson, MO, address. The victim had never lived in Ferguson.
- At 7:51 p.m., officers were summoned to a business in the 10300 block of Manchester for a report of theft. The victim reported having his wallet stolen while visiting a gym. Upon discovering the theft the victim cancelled his credit cards and learned of six fraudulent purchases using his credit card. Three of the six purchases were at businesses located in Kirkwood. The other three were in south St Louis County.
Sunday, Jan. 6
- At 6:40 a.m., an employee of a business in the 10400 block of Manchester reported the theft of her change purse to police. The victim worked overnight and discovered a change purse stolen after she inadvertently left it at a register after making a purchase.
Shoplifting, Dec. 31 - Jan. 6
- During the week of Monday, 12-31-2012, through Sunday, 01-06-2013, Kirkwood Police arrested three adults for shoplifting merchandise from area businesses. All offenses occurred at the same retail store in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road. Two of the three face felony theft charges since they stole over $500.00 worth of merchandise. Those cases will be referred to the St Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for review.