Two men face criminal charges from breaking into six vending machines in hotels and businesses in Mehlville, Eureka, Wildwood and Fenton.
Jason Herr, 34, of Villa Ridge, and Justin Nevills, 34, of Labadie, both were charged with six counts of stealing and three counts of property damage.
Separate charges were filed against Herr Aug. 7 and Aug. 13 while Nevills was charged Aug. 7 and Aug. 9.
Police said Herr and Nevills damaged vending machines and stole money in several area hotels and businesses between May 3 and June 19:
- America’s Best Value Inn, 6602 South Lindbergh Boulevard in Mehlville
- , 800 South Highway Drive in
- , 4901 Six Flags Drive in
- Super 8 Motel, 1733 West 5th St. in Eureka
- , 295 East 5th St. in Eureka
- 150 Waterside Drive in
Manchester Police arrested Herr and Nevills June 19. They still had the money from the vending machine theft in Wildwood when arrested, according to the police report.
Bond was set at $15,000 each for Herr and Nevills.