Secretary of State Jason Kander recently announced the members of an early voting commission, according to a release from Jefferson County government. The commission was formed to evaluate the most efficient, fair and secure way to allow eligible Missourians to cast a ballot before Election Day.
The commission will meet throughout the month of February in Jefferson City to discuss the merits of early voting and to give citizens the opportunity to provide input, according to the release.
“We have to preserve security in our elections while increasing efficient access for eligible voters,” Kander said in the release. “An affordable plan for early voting could help alleviate long lines at the polls on Election Day by adding a much-needed convenience for Missourians across the state.” The committee members represent all regions of the state and political parties.
- Wes Wagner, Jefferson County clerk
- Tishaura Jones, current St. Louis treasurer and former state representative
- Rich Chrismer, St. Charles elections director
- Melodee Colbert Kean, mayor of Joplin, Mo.
- John Comerford, attorney in St. Louis, Mo., and former chair of the Missouri Veterans Commission
- Jack Hembree, retired lieutenant colonel, Springfield, Mo.
- Bob Johnson, former state senator and current Lee’s Summit City Council member
- Peggy McGaugh, Carroll County clerk
- Roosevelt Lyons, Kansas City senior advisor for the office of civic and community engagement
- Bree Shaw, Schuyler County clerk
- Rowland Todd, Camden County clerk